FREE 20 minute interview to discuss concerns about driving, goals for driving and why you have been referred for a Fitness to Drive Evaluation.
We hope to inspire teens and young adults with unique learning needs to use their strengths to become safe drivers. 9-week session designed for teens & young adults to develop skills in PREPARATION for getting their DRIVER's PERMIT.
1. Call us! Ask us any questions you may have and set up an appointment.
2. We will work with you to obtain a physician's order from you physician of choice. (We typically work with primary care physicians and neurologists.)
3. We will come to your home on the day of the appointment.
3. Participate in a Clinical Evaluation and On Road Driving Assessment.
4. We will review the results and work together to develop a plan to move forward toward your mobility goals. The next step may include additional driving training which is established on an individual basis.
Occupational Therapy Driver Rehab Specialists (OT-DRS) are experts at looking at what makes each person unique and how this impacts their ability to drive. OT-DRS are specialized to look at:
Our vehicle has been modified so that we can complete Comprehensive Driving Evaluations for all populations including individuals who have had a Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia/MCI, Amputations, and many others.
The vehicle has also been modified for individuals that want to learn how to use modified controls such as hand controls or left foot accelerator.